DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborates with the user community and other technical resources to define requirements, specifications, security, and control procedures for system improvements using current technology.
- Leads the analysis, design, coding, testing and installation of new application systems.
- Conducts interviews and other data gathering to determine the needs of the user community.
- Maintains, troubleshoots, and fixes failures in existing application systems.
- Develops balancing and control points and procedures for existing and new application systems.
- Evaluates the quality of existing systems and the need for replacement or improvement based on systems issues (availability, reliability, and serviceability).
- Provides accurate and timely estimates on magnitude of effort required to build or upgrade application systems to meet departmental objectives.
- Leads projects to successful completion by meeting deadlines and adhering to budgetary constraints.
- Performs functional, regression, and operational testing for all changes to the production environment.
- Evaluates software tools and techniques to determine potential for use in existing or new applications.
- Obtains End User satisfaction with all system changes.
- Serves as a technical resource for other members of the team.
- Develops prototypes and gives presentations to IT and Board staff where appropriate.
- Performs other job related responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree ( including courses in statistics, math, accounting, computer sciences) is required.
- Minimum of 7-10 years demonstrated, successful programming experience with PeopleSoft is required. Must demonstrated leadership skills - 2 - 3 yrs.
- Competence in Application Designer, PeopleCode, Application Engine, Component Interface, and SQR is required. Functional understanding of Human Capital Management and North American Payroll modules (3 yrs minimum) is also required.
- Pluses include: experience with following: Integration Broker, Java, MS SQL Server and IBM DB2 databases, GoldMine Enterprise Edition CRM, Oracle/Stellent Workflow, and cascading style sheets (CSS).
- Ability to effectively lead and complete projects in a timely, budget-conscious manner is required.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- High degree of competence in analyzing user needs and providing solutions.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to effectively manage multiple assignments simultaneously.
Curtis Recruiting is an IT Recruiting agency placing candidates in full time and contract positions. Eighteen years of experience with a management and Human Resource background. Majority of clients are in the Tri-state are of Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware.